I always feel like a massive boasty douche whenever I make a post like this, but I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award! While talking about that and accepting an award always makes me feel like a bit of a douche, it does mean that I get to talk about and nominate some of my favourite bloggers, so swings and roundabouts I guess!
Firstly, let’s link back to the person that nominated me, that would be Morgan! Thank you!!
And thirdly, list seven facts about yourself! (Whenever I write the words: seven things I, it always makes me think about that Miley Cyrus song, although, these aren’t things that I hate about anyone.)
1) I write for a living. You might not realise this based on some of my lazy grammar that gets displayed on this blog. I’m actually a reporter at a local paper, but my goal is to be a novelist one day, like a properly published one. I tend to publish a lot of fiction online and have one book out in paperback (from Amazon) as you can see here:
But I really, really, really want to be able to walk into a book shop one day and see a little display table of things with my name on. So, if any of ya’ll know any publishers and can make that happen for me, that would be awesomesauce with a side helping of amazeballs.
Though I promise my prose is much more articulate than that usually. Honest.
2) I LOVE languages. I’m currently in the process of learning Italian – though it isn’t going all that well for me – and after my recent trip to France where very few people spoke English, I’ve been brushing up on my French and I’m planning a trip to Germany and I’m very excited to chat away in German while I’m there! I’ve decided to learn Enochian too. Just because everything is funnier in Enochian. I want to learn circular Gallifreayan too.
3) I live for pop culture references. Honestly, in day to day life, pretty much everything I say/wear/do is some kind of reference to some fandom or another that I’m in. I love the smug little feeling I get when I see someone wearing a geeky t shirt or making a star wars reference. Another of my dreams is o solo someone!
5) I’ve been doing a 365 project this year because although I love photographs, I never actually manage to take them, I’ve been finding it very difficult so far, like, how many photos of my lunch and my shoes can I really take? But I am enjoying it and I’m loving the challenge.
6) I may have just bankrupted myself buying a new car. My current car is 12 years old this year and although it’s served me well, it is beginning to show signs of old age. So, I am now awaiting the delivery of my new car!
7) I don’t know about you, but I miss being 22.